19-March-2018 Senior Projects Engineer
WGP is a marine geophysical services company delivering a wide range of technologies and services throughout the global upstream oil and gas industry. WGP’s operational expertise spans across the Exploration sector, discovering new hydrocarbon reserves, and Beyond… into production, presenting contemporary services to increase the value and output of active reservoirs. By specialising in seismic projects driven by modern technology and supporting new methods, WGP has maintained its position at the forefront of the industry.
WGP is a 100% owned subsidiary of FairfieldNodal.
WGP is currently seeking a Senior Projects Engineer, reporting into the CTO, whose main responsibilities will be to manage the technical development of new opportunities as the company grows. The candidate should be able to show a high degree of initiative, the ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment, be proactive, ambitious, a problem solver and a good communicator.
- Manage and assist the technical support of the CTO with new projects in conjunction with the sales and development team.
- Work alongside the technical manager in fault monitoring, analysis and delivering of solutions.
- Contribute to the process of assembling RFI’s and tenders.
- Deliver technical answers and/or produce detailed reports to cover and respond to client questions or issues.
- Be involved in the technical aspects of new projects and/or equipment including:
- Help refine the SOW and deliverables
- Identify risks and costs
- Be able to produce a plan and timeline to deliver projects
- Delegate and manage the process
- Produce and present reports relevant to the project or equipment’s needs
- Assist in ensuring onshore support and offshore operations are aligned.
- Work with Engineering, Operations, HSE and Quality on continual improvements.
- Be aware and actively seek out trends or opportunities in the industry from a technical perspective.
- Work with the Technical manager to flag issues upwards as they are discovered with initial outline solution or approach to solving.
- Review with the Technical manager and make recommendations on WGP’s equipment short and long-term strategies.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Innovative, not fixed by existing boundaries or technology
- Understanding, to a good degree, all seismic systems and sub systems likely to be encountered in operations
- Good communicator, open to discussion
- Comprehension of finance and planning, ability to incorporate both into daily routine
- Good capability with MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint, reasonable ability with AutoCAD, preferably Inventor
- Be able to work autonomously but also understanding when delegation or external sourcing is more effective.
- The position will be Wiltshire based but will require some travel both in the UK and overseas.
- Competitive salary and benefits plus performance related bonus.
For an application form, please email Cherry Priestley-Dean with a copy of your CV to email@example.com.